Velvet Bold

 

I heart these fuzzy blues and smooth grooves! These were fun to make, and they got more enjoyable to hold as they grew and grew. The yarn itself is velvety soft, and it has a gentle glimmer to it that does not show up in the photos. There is so much fun color and delicious texture here in the main body of stitches... I decided it wasn't enough! 😎 I knew it needed fuzzy trim to balance those bold colors, and of course I had exactly the right fluff in my stash.  

I like to show off some stitching detail here. You can see how the piece on the right is a simple mesh weave all the way, while the piece on the left has an extra row of sc stiches in between the mesh rows. Whenever I plan to make a pair or more from the same category of yarn, I like to mix it up a little bit. The process is overall still the same (as explained in my very first post, Piles of Color), and it is easy to tweek it with an extra row, ruffle, or random detail (like the aqua trim here, in the "baby soft boucle" category). The yarn of the main body is from the "Landscapes Fusion" category, and the color schemes are "Rucker" (above left), and "Washington Square" (above right). Aren't those names just so... smart?! They don't really say anything about the colors, but they sure do say "culturally significant somehow, I'll have to google it to learn more." I keep thinking, it would be fun to work for the yarn company, just to come up with clever names for new color schemes.


Here they are, hanging out with their same family of fibers, Velvet Pastel. They look great all together in this light. But I don't like to leave them hanging, because they are already so stretchy, I can't have them elongating themselves. 😁



I had fun creating this scene... It speaks to me: friendly alien creatures in a beautiful underwater world. If that label wasn't so long, it would be a great name for the whole mixed color scheme. 😎


Here is another shot of the stitching detail. Notice the differences in the number of rows, and the width of each row. In the end, it all adds up to the same amount of yarn. The two scarves are the same mass (one skein each). But the weight is distributed differently, so each one has a different drape and feel. I like that variation.



Here they are all together again, snuggling on a chair. Colorful fun from the same family of fiber, I love working with this "Landscape Fusions" category. There is one other example of it in the edge and fringe of Confetti and Rust.



One last look at the colorful fun of bold velvet. I will definitely be making more of these.



Velvety Touch + Bold Colors + Fluffy Fringe = Colorful Fun


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Ruffle

Gran'zilla

Ruffle Monster