Sand Sparkle

 


I made these sandy colored lovlies last week, and I absolutely love how they look. πŸ’–
They have just a bit of sparkle, thanks to a delicate metallic thread in the yarn.
🌞In the sunlight, they have a shimmer that almost hurts to look at.
In the shade, they still sparkle, just enough to make you want to look closer.



The yarn company calls these colors "Namaste Neutrals," and while that is rather clever, I don't entirely agree. Certainly I concur with the "namaste" part, because working with these colors is as pleasant as a peaceful greeting.  It is the "neutral" label that I must challenge.  These bold earthy tones are too vibrant to be called neutral. In certain light, one section appears almost coppery, but that same section in other light might look like iced coffee. I also observed the sandy color changing from gingery to buttery. Perhaps it is the metallic thread twisting through its fiber. Or maybe it is because I felt so positively positve while I was working with this yarn. It just seemed to me anything but neutral.    


Also, the yarn company assigned this yarn a medium weight, but to me it felt closer to fine. No matter. It was a delight to work with, and flowed well with very little snag. Just an occasional catch because of the metallic thread, but it was easily corrected each time. 


The sparkle in these scarved barely shows up in the photos.
You have to imagine the sparkle. 😎


I tried to capture that sparkle in several different settings. πŸ“Έ Nothing worked. And that's ok. Because, all I kept capturing was more beautiful sandy color, more cinnamony shimmer, plus more fresh dirt and clay mixture, with more coffee and tea blends. And just a whisper of what can be imagined as sparkle.


I will definitely make more like these, in other earthy tones.
And some watery ones, too. Love the blues. (See Blue Jean Baby!)
I will also continue photographing these sandy lovlies. 
Even if the sparkle doesn't show, they still shine with their own glow.


I recently stocked up on more of these sparkly yarns.
The earthy colors are so cool and fresh. I see a mix of sand, stone, clay, and water. 


I'm looking forward to creating more lovlies out of those. 
Stay tuned! 

Meanwhile, I'm still trying to figure out the best angle for photographing that sparkle.
😎
     
      


Last summer, I crocheted a number of other sandy colored scarves and shawls. 
You can see a few of them here: Earth Tones

The smallest one in this trio of sparkling sandies is so delicate, it could be worn as a necklace. When I first started working on this one, I thought I was going to make it much bigger. But, when I saw how lovely is was with just these few rows, I decided to finish it off early, and keep it small. Now that I have this example, I plan on doing similar versions of this pattern, necklace style. The chocolate colors here are not quite metallic enough to make it look like a necklace yet... but I know if I pick the right colors (thinking silver and gold here) I can make it work.



One last look, for now, at these sparkling sandies.



Sandy Colors + Sparkle = Creative Crochet Coolness












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Ruffle

Gran'zilla

Ruffle Monster