Raspberry Lace

 


Scarf selfie! It's a scarfie. 😎 I absolutely love the look and feel of this lacey piece. It drapes perfectly, looks like a royal garment, and is deliciously comfy around the neck. Of course, this is not actual lace, and that is one of the interesting things I learned about while working on this piece. The history of lace is a fascinating read, and I've barely started to explore the basics. Thanks, internet! 😁 I have enough of this yarn to make a dozen more lacey lovlies like this, in several colors. But... I'm going to wait a while before I work with this yarn again. Winter time static electricty made it difficult to handle this yarn! Can you believe that?! The weight of this fiber is superfine, and right now static electricity is enough to move it right off your finger tips. Sheesh. Crochet problems. 😅


It's interesting to try and get a sense of scale with this piece. All bunched up in the palm of my hand, it barely feels like anything is there. This scarf used up less than half of one ball of this yarn. Below is a photo of a new ball and the used ball, side by side. Now that I look more closely at it, I don't even think I've used half the ball. 😁


I could have made this scarf so much bigger, but honestly, I just kinda got a little bit tired of working with the yarn. I'm sure I'll get back into working with this yarn, hopefully this summer. I'm not complaining, and I'm 100% in love with it, for the look and feel... but I do have to admit, I found it difficult to work with superfine weight yarn. The company calls it "Amazing Lace," with a fiber mix of acrylic and nylon. I love the color, "Medallion Magenta," but I do not love fighting with static electricity just to keep ahold of it. Yea. Crochet problems. 😎


One ball of this yarn is over 1,000 yards in length! I dig thinking about that. Geek out! 😄  I had never worked with superfine weight before, so when there was a sale on this yarn a while ago, I was all excited to try it. I had no idea that I was buying way more yarn that I would need for a dozen or more scarves. Ah well, I'm all set for future lacey projects. 😁


I love making ruffles, and I tried to get ruffles going with this lacey yarn, but I think I need more practice. It got wavy, but it didn't get very ruffle'y. Still looks great, though, and I love the texture of the stitches. Superfine weight makes for beautiful stitches. The close up below shows stitch details, and gives a good view of some almost-ruffle action. 


Next is a nice leather and lace pose.
Actually, this is a faux leather and faux lace pose
It's a faux pose. 😁


I used a size K crochet hook for this piece, and I will definitely try both smaller and larger hooks on my next lacey items. I think any size hook will create beautiful textures with this superfine yarn. There is a richness to it, even though it is so light and delicate. Maybe because it is so light and delicate. I had to chuckle during posing for pictures of it hanging. It was bad enough having to deal with static electricity while working with a single strand of the fiber. When the piece is crocheted and hanging under its full weight, and static electricity was still strong enough to make it move, that's when you know you're working with superfine.


I love how different colors emerge under various conditions of lighting and backgrounds. However you want to describe it - raspeberry, rose, magenta, pink lemonade, or mauvish crimson - it's beautiful.



Raspberry + Superfine + Crochet = Colorful Creative Fun

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Ruffle

Gran'zilla

Ruffle Monster