Winter Green

 


Winter luxury happened here! This is where comfy cozy meets gorgeous green, and every stitch of it is soft enough to dream on. I absolutely loved making this velvety piece. I started working on it a week or so before winter solstice, and I finished just in time for Christmas. It was such a joy to have it for posing with holiday props. It is not exactly a table cloth, but the way it drapes is perfect for brightening up a gloomy corner, with just one small end table and a few glittery bits and pieces.


It is also perfect on the coffee table. Talk about texture in the middle of the living room! Long enough to drape fully over both ends, and wide enough to just hang a bit over each side, this piece lets the brighter wood color show through the mesh, while complementing the dark brown of the sofa. When I was making this piece, I thought it might be a really big scarf, or a rather small throw. I never knew it would make a perfect cover for the coffee table. Just don't spill any coffee on it! 😁 Ah well, the color is rich enough, I think it would hide the stain all right. 

With all that length, body, and charm, it is perfectly suited for the mantle. I love the look of it when it drapes on the end. Of course, it looks wonferfully wintery when dotted with my little snowflake LED lights. It is gorgeous simply hanging on a hook. And it makes a spectacular center piece accent, if you can stand that much luxury on the table. 








Look at that perfect corner! I'm not bragging. Just stating a fact: that is a perfect corner.
I love making perfect corners.  😎 

Two rows of sc edging finished this piece. I used a size N crochet hook, and kept it simple, no fringe, no ruffle. Just didn't need it. The gorgeous texture of this fiber was enough showing off already. The yarn company calls this category of fiber "Vel-Luxe." As a medium weight chenille, it seems almost like a bulky weight, but it is definitely not heavy. In fact, the velvety softness of it makes it feel like a fluffy cloud. The color is "Emerald," and it is truly beautiful, with a deep shimmer and luxurious texture.  



Here is a photo taken just before finishing the last row on this lovely piece, while sitting in my favorite chair, in my delightful living room. Not sure which detail here hints best that is might be Christmas time?! 😁


It doesn't always have to be about Christmas, though. This piece can be an all year item, casually on the couch or comfortably on a chair. 






Gorgeous Green + Creative Crochet = Wonderful Fun

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Ruffle

Gran'zilla

Ruffle Monster