Candy Snow


 I crocheted this pair of summer'y whites in August, when the sun was blazing hot and I wanted to work with something light and airy. These two lovely ladies seemed perfectly suited for that sunny season. Speckled with pink and purple, they look like how breeziness feels. They reminded me of flowery fresh air. But now that there is snow on the ground, these same two summertime scarves seem even more perfectly suited to this winter'y season. 

Notice (above) that the yarn in the body of the piece on the right is the same yarn in the edging of the piece on the left. That is pretty much the only thing these two items have in common. And yet, still, they go together...like peanut butter and jelly, or like candy and snow. 😍 Notice (below) that they drape quite differently from each other, with the ruffle in the one complementing the flat edging of the other. 

The piece with the flat edging has a lovely way of rolling up nice and snug.

Because of its ability to roll up tight, stand tall, and hold its shape, I had fun posing this piece.
I think it had fun, too. 😄

You can see (below) the crisp texture in the body and the edging. They are different categories of yarns (both cotton, one recycled) that blended into a seamless fit all the way around. The net of the body is fortified with a row of sc in between each mesh row, giving this piece a sturdy feel. 💪


The body is made of a recycled cotton yarn, a category called "Re-Up," in pure white. It is oddly charming being both stiff and soft, a split personality, very interesting to work with. The edging is a different category which the yarn company calls "Hand Dyed Heaven," and the color is delightfully named "Showstopper."  😎  Ah, there it is again, a great name for a lovely color scheme. It is like poetry, from a crafty connector of yarn and terms. I would love to join the imaginative team that creates these labels. 💡 Maybe I should just start my own imaginary company. 😁


Now take that same "Showstopper" colored yarn of the edging (above) and put it in the body of the next piece (below), this time crocheting a more airy version with single open mesh, no row in between. This gives the piece a much more flouncy feel, and it still has all the color and breeziness of the other piece, thanks to "Showstopper." Of course, the ruffle helps with stopping the show, too.  😎


Below is a close up of a corner of the body (in that fun Showstopper yarn), with shimmery edging, and a ruffle of fluffy yarn (from the "Terryspun" category). Notice that the solid white edge with a sheen is yet another kind of yarn (just a little something extra from my budget box of bargain bits), making this piece a triple variation in yarn categories, from two companies. I like mixing it up like that. That's kinda my thing. 🤩 


These pieces together sure do make a pretty pair. In fact, I had so much fun arranging these two in different light, and various orientations, and more light, and then more light... I just had to keep going. I love playing in the snow. 😁


The more I played around with these colors in different light, the more I realized I had the perfect winter scene going. With the help of a couple of sets of mini LED snow flake lights, I created a few enchanting scenes.



I tried to make one arrangement look like a flower... but it kinda looks more like a sombrero.
And I love it! 😎



Perfect corners deserve to be lit from underneath. Love those perfect corners! 



If mini bits of candy got together with a little pile of snow, and they had a chorus of fairies glowing beneath them, it might look like this!



Of course, once I started playing with the snow flake lights mixed with candy snow crochet, I had to put the whole fun show on the mantle. And now we have this lovely base for our display of Christmas cards.


I heart crochet art!

Purple + Pink + Snow = Candy Crochet









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Ruffle

Gran'zilla

Ruffle Monster