Confetti and Rust



I adore this colorful pair! They are like sisters. Even though they are different brands of yarn (actually, the one on the left has two different brands itself, one for the main body and one for the finishing), with different textures in the fiber (the one on the right is cottony while the one on the left is silky), and different details in the patterns (fringe vs. no fringe, same yarn for edging vs. different edging). They still seem like sister scarves. Kind of. Almost. Or, at least like cousins, maybe?  😎


I didn't make these two scarves to go together, but once I noticed how well their colors compliment (or maybe they just clash?!), I couldn't stop placing them together. The cottony confetti one has so many colors (the yarn company calls it "flower garden") I suppose it might match (clash) with anything. The silky rust one has a colorful edge (reminiscent of candy cane) that compliments the solid color of the body, and together those colors all seem like they, too, will match (clash) with anything and everything. What colorful fun!


I have a set of shelves in my craft area where I arrange the scarves I've created recently, and these two always seem to end up together. They must have some kind of colorful attraction to each other. I don't feel like I'm consciously stacking them together, every time I rearrange. But I must be doing it on purpose. There's no such thing as colorful magnetism. Is there?!

 


They pair well with Chocolate and Wine.



I think it is so interesting, and just darn good fun, how the colorful yarn of the finishing on the rusty silky one has different looks. (The yarn company called this particular color scheme "Fort Tryon," from the "Landscapes Fusion" category.) This yarn looks almost like thin sticks of candy cane when it is hanging free as fringe, but when it is stitched in the edging it looks quite similar to the cottony confetti yarn- which is a different fiber, color scheme, and weight!

Last summer I created an assortment of colorful crochet items, and called it Color Blast. Confetti and Rust are direct descendants of that line. I want to wrap up in rust, and arrange confetti on my lap, while I sit in my comfy chair, crocheting my next project.



Colorful Rust + Confetti Fun = Creative Crochet 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Ruffle

Gran'zilla

Ruffle Monster