Camouflage Colors

 


I absolutely loved making this throw.


One, because it was the perfect project for those cold Wisconsin evenings.Two, because Mom was still with us when I first started making it.That means, this piece is my final crochet connection with her.And three, because it was a birthday present for my brother.I knew he would like it, but I did not expect him to love it as much as he does.


  

Mom was there to see the early stages of this endeavor. I think I was just a few rows into it when I first brought it over to her place one weekend in January, 2018. She immediately loved it, even in its scrappy early stages. We sat together several times while I worked on this.



Like all our evenings together, we watched tv, and chatted, or reminisced, and told stories, until eventually we’d just turn off the tv and sit in each other’s company. I would work on crochet, and she might flip through a magazine, or work on a sudoko puzzle. And every little while she would take a sip of her Diet Pepsi, look over at me, and say something like, “That is really coming along nicely.”

Or, “Frank is going to love that.”

Or, “That is so wonderful. Just. So. Wonderful.”


Mom died in February, and this project got put on hold for a few weeks. I did not stop thinking about it, however, and I knew I had to finish it before Frank’s birthday in April. Once I got back into it, I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was to pick right up where I had left off.


   

Knowing where it started (with Mom, in Wisconsin) and seeing where it ended (with Frank in Pueblo), is a delightful connection that I cherish. 




Camouflage Colors + Crochet = Creative Awesomeness

Comments

  1. Becky's brother here... this is without a doubt my favorite crotchet'd creation of all time. Comfy, warm, manly... and heartwarmingly special

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Ruffle

Gran'zilla

Ruffle Monster