Velvet Pastel

 


These two scarves are airy enough for spring, and cozy enough for autumn. I love the look and feel of both, and I really enjoyed making them. The yarn is so smooth, it has a silky, almost velvety feel to it. It also has a subtle sheen that doesn't show up in the photographs, darn. I wish you could see how beautifully shimmery and delicately colorful these two lovely ladies are. Well, you'll just have to use your imagination! 😎


This yarn is in the "Landscapes Fusion" category, and the two colors are Flushing Meadow and Morningside. I do love those names, they sound poetic, but I decided to label this post Velvet Pastel because that best sums up the look and feel of these two.  It might be fun to work for a yarn company just creating colorful names for gorgeous patterns.  🤩


I had fun arranging these two lovely ladies in different scenes. Even if they are never worn as scarves, they are still great to have around, just for color in a corner. They also make perfect accents for small spaces, either bundled up or spread out, or hung.  



I don't like to hang them for too long, because I do worry that their weight will stretch them out. They are already long enough! 😁 Hanging here for a short while is okay, though, because I wanted to show you the stitching detail.

When I'm working with the same family of fibers, I like to vary each scarf just a little bit. Below, Flushing Meadows (on the right) has a sc row between every mesh row. That gives it an extra sturdiness, and it has a bit more comfy-cozy feel to it. Also, because of those extra rows, it is shorter. Morningside (on the left) has a more open mesh, because of no in-between rows, and is therefore longer. It still has all the comfy cozy you want in a wrap around your neck, but it is definitely lighter in overall feel of the way it drapes on you. I like having each piece hang, drape, fold, and feel just a little bit different from every sister piece.  



Here they are sittin' pretty with their same fiber friends, Velvet Bold. These are all from the "Landscapes Fusion" category, different colors.  I decided to add fluffy trim to the Bold colored ones. Just because more is better. 😁








Velvety Pastels + Creative Crochet = Comfy Cozy Colorful





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Ruffle

Gran'zilla

Ruffle Monster