Colorful Leftovers

 

I love leftovers, and I never throw away any of the bits and pieces that remain after a project is completed. Each little ball is a memento of the peace and joy that I felt while I was creating something colorful. In my enthusiasm for adding fringe, I often cut too much, and then I can't bare to discard even those stringy bits. They make their own colorful contribution to a fun pile of leftovers.

I realize that all these odds and ends add up to an equation that proves the inefficiency of my planning for projects. And, well, hmph. I am not ashamed. I'm delighted with the mathematical certainty that a pile of leftovers equals a colorful sculpture in a genre all its own.  


Over the summer, I created so many crochet projects, the leftovers filled up the tray. It became a bit too wobbly to stack any more bits on there, so I had to start a new system. I thought about dumping the whole colorful mess into a crafty bucket... but then I decided not to, because I want to continue looking at that delightful pile. I'm keeping the tray piled as high as I can safely manage (but, oops, every time I take it down from the shelf, one or two escapees roll off), and now I'm tossing all leftovers into this handy bin. I should probably put escapees here, too. 😁


Thanks, Kira and David for this excellent bin! It is itself a leftover piece of an auction item from Feret Dreams. If I remember correctly, it contained a number of outstanding wines. 😎




Colorful Leftovers = Creative Crochet + Inefficient Fun






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Ruffle

Gran'zilla

Ruffle Monster