Pink'n'Peach Princess Party

 


This fun bunch makes for two "Princess Party" posts in a row now, after Purple Princess Party. And it isn't the first time there has been too much fun going on: there was a Costume Party, and we had an Office Party, and don't forget my fave Pillow Party. So this newest collection is a quintet of peach'y pink pieces that honors a party tradition going way back. A tradition that is now moving forward to a future of more flouncy fun. 😍


Too fluffy? No way. Too many frills? Never.
Texture combinations gone wild? Yes, obviously.
And what of it? 😎 


Too much fringe? Well... maybe. 😁
But, fringe is just so fun! I couldn't stop. 🤩


All five of these fun pieces worked up fast and easy. No fancy stitch work here, just the same simple mesh pattern that I've been playing with for years (as explained in the original post). The layers of complexity come from clashing colors and textures. Clashing in a good way. Clashing with crazy cool colors. Pink and peach repeating. Plus an occasional white ruffle. 😎


There is nothing wimpy about princess'y pink. Remember G.I. Jane?! That was one tough ruffle there. 😁 Ok, not really. But I can't help myself. I've had a long love affair with all things pink. I try to be professional about it. But, I have to admit, the Princess Pillow was maybe a little too cutesy looking. And I love thinking back on the entire pinky'peach palette of Sunrise Sherbet, even though I know that title is slightly more silly than professional. And yea, even the name Raspberry Lace just sounds kinda wimpy. But don't call it wimpy, let's call it whimsical. 😍


So, yes! That's it. This whimsical pile 😄 of pink'y'peach'ness is for professional lovers of color and fluff. This collection has everything a fluff lover loves, including multiple ruffles (in the tradition of Ruffle Monster), abundance of textures (rivaling What a Mess), and arguably excessive fringe (dude, like, Hippie Fringe). I love how these pieces in a pile look like a friendly beast. 😍


I had way too much fun posing these pieces, and I could keep on rearranging them just for fun. They don't fold nicely, or keep a good shape, or behave well in a stack. That's because they have competing fringe, flouncy ends, and overlapping ruffles. Which simply means they need to be pampered and petted properly in place. 😎


 To fully appreciate the details of each piece, let's take a look at them one at a time. This could go on forever. I do love a deep dive into details. 😍


This pink and white piece is less scarf and more shawl. That's because it is highly asymmetric. It has a double ruffle (in chenille) on one long side, and dual textured fringe (chenelle and tape yarn) along the other long side and both short sides.


I've worked with tape yarn before (Sunny StyleWhat a Mess), and similar to ribbon yarn (Mermaid Silk), I have a Love/Don't Love relationship with it. Leave a question or a comment if you do or don't know exactly what I mean. 😆


The combination of these two textures, chenille (of the ruffle) and tape yarn (of the main body), is so interesting. I think it totally works. Like peanut butter and chocolate. Like wine and chocolate. Like dark chocolate and darker chocolate. 😁 But I do understand how some folks might not like this combination. It was an experiment. I may or may not try a variation of it again...


Here is a close up of that tape yarn texture.


Tape Yarn Ruffle Road with Crazy Fringe: I wasn't sure how much I loved and didn't love this fringe effect. I started, so I had to finish. And the more I worked on it, the more I decided I'm not going to do this again. But I might change my mind. 😎


This next piece is inspired by 1920's flapper fashion. 😎 The fluffy edging is faux fur, in a fun color delightfully named "Poodle Pink." And the main body is Date Nights yarn, in the color "Morganite." I ❤ every color of Date Nights, because they are all named for rocks and minerals. Geek out! 🤩


My camera phone couldn't decide which color function to use, and I thought it was interesting that it had trouble getting the right tone of pink in different light. It might be because both of these pinks are too gorgeous! 😻


Date Nights yarn has a barely there strip of metallic thread running through it. The sparkle it gives the whole piece is just enough glamour to say, "Wow!" I love it. And it is surprisingly soft, for having that metallic bit the whole length of it. Soft, but not as soft as that decadent faux fur edging. Simply scrumptious! And then, the two textures together - fur and metal?! So perfect.


Follow the metallic pink faux fur lined road.


This next piece is for purists. One color, one texture, the whole way through. Is that super boring? Or completely fantastic? I can't decide.


This yarn is Baby Soft Boucle, in the color they are calling "Scarlet," but I would call peachy pink. I love so many things about this piece. But I hate it. And I love it. But, hate. Love.


Baby Soft Boucle is my frenemy because it is gorgeous, and it snags continuously. It is luxuriously soft. And it catches on any fingertip every other stitch. I love it. I hate it. I can't make a motion without it snagging on some part of my hand. I scream internally every minute I work with it. But I still love it. And I hate it. Why do I keep doing this? I don't know. I guess I love it too much.  


I have added different colors of Baby Soft Boucle to multiple projects: Sunny StyleWinter Mint, Sage and Sand, Hippie Fringe. Always as edging or fringe. A great way to fluff up the finale. But this time, I made the entire piece out of boucle. And I am not ever going to do that again. But I might. Because I love how it looks! And it turned out so luxuriously soft and perfect. And I can't touch it without it snagging on me. It even snags when I touch it to my face. I hate it. I love it. You can see why in this close up of the fringe. The fluffy texture is all there. And each one of those little baubles has littler baubles in it that will catch on your skin cells.



This next piece could be called Peppermint Candy with Marshmallow Fluff. So sweet! So fun! I absolutely adore this cute piece, and I will do this same pattern again and again. It has a slight asymmetry, with a simple ruffle along one long edge, and a double ruffle along the other. And that asymmetry is just enough unbalance to make it perfectly fun.


Follow the peppermint road!


This piece has two standout characteristics: no fringe (what?!), and triple crochet stitch throughout the main body. The triple stitch makes it work up really fast. It creates depth and more depth, with each row. Surprising, compared to double stitch, how quickly this triple stitch makes it big and bigger. I love creating with the triple, and now that I see how fun and fast it is, I am definitely going to do more like this. 


So, now. Let's talk about that double ruffle, shall we?! 😎 I knew exactly what I was doing when I went for this. It was still an experiment, of a sort. But not really. Because I knew it was going to be awesome. I just wanted to see how it would look with a little bit of asymmetry built on to the already asymmetric'ness of it. A single crochet edging (in chenille), topping off one of the double ruffles (of cotton). Paired with the other ruffle, which is a double crochet (in chenille). So perfectly unbalanced, so perfectly paired. 


I ❤  this ruffle!





Enough gawking at the gorgeous double ruffle. Now let's take a look at the other side. The simple, plain old, gentle, nuthin' fancy single ruffle. Isn't it delightful?! I love having this on the other edge. It is just so perfect and cute. A nice little easy bit of fancy.


I ❤  this ruffle!


Finally, my other fave. My final fave of the day. This last piece, has the rest of the faux fur at the edging and fringe. Now this time with a body of two cozy yarns: Vel-Luxe in "Dusty Pink," and Soft Secret in simply "Pink." This piece is pink and more pink. Just pink. Soft Secret has a lovely sheen to it, not exactly sparkle, but definitely a little shine there. I love how it looks and feels. And Vel-Luxe is a faux velvet chenille that feels like royalty. Love, love, love it. I've worked with variations of it many times (the ultimate masterpiece: Winter Green), and I love it all the more each project. 😍


Perfect Pink Plus More Pink


Texture Luxury! Zoom in on those two yarns here, and get a feel for that softness, soft'er'ness, and soft'est'ness. I love this pink trio of soft on soft on soft. 😍 


Here's an even better zoom (below), when the piece was still in progress. This photo really shows how the two yarns are exactly the same color, but totally different textures, and still equally cozy and soft. This photo also captures the subtle sheen of that Soft Secret yarn (on the left).



I ❤ faux fur trim and fringe!


Too much pink? Impossible. 😎



Aw! Look how cute they look! All snuggled up together, on Burgun-Dee-Lish-us.  



One last shot. Just hanging around.
😎



Pink and Peach + Fringe and Fluff + Ruffle and Sparkle = Colorful Crochet Fun


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Ruffle

Gran'zilla

Ruffle Monster