Burgun-Dee-Lish-us

 


This is a beauty that compliments The Beast. My burgundy luxury is not quite as big as Frank's Beast, but it is every bit as comfy-cozy. I absolutely loved making this luscious piece, and it is my personal prized possession now, for bedroom and living room. I'll have to wait a few months, though, to be able to use it. Finishing it right as summer is just getting started was accidental bad planning. But, no problem. I can still enjoy looking at it. 😎

I used a size N crochet hook and five skeins of super bulky yarn for this lovely lady. It worked up fast and easy, but it did get heavy and harder to turn every row, thanks to all that bulk. No complaints, though, over this labor of love.


For gorgeous texture I added a triple stitch ruffle around the long sides, and a double stitch ruffle along the short edges (all dc stitches in the base stitch). Then I added fringe to one of the short ends, which gives it a fun asymmetry. The fringe took as long to do as the blanket itself, and it was worth every minute. 








Burgundy + Ruffles + Fringe = Crocheted Luxury

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Ruffle

Gran'zilla

Ruffle Monster