Princess Pillow

 

This double sided piece has everything a princess needs in a pillow- fringe, fluff, sparkle, and ruffle, all in pink. One side is puffy soft and the other side is metallic crisp, both princess'y pink. The edges are double ruffled, in pink chenille. All four corners have three textures of fringe, each more pink than the last. Did I mention that this piece is pink? This piece is so pink, it makes a single pink look not even that pink. 😋



I had so much fun practicing my pillow-making skills on this piece. Eventually I'm going to get good enough at this, I will enter a single perfect pillow in the state fair. The "Pillow Category" is highly competitive, and those Pillow Judges are judgmentally judgmental. I need to be prepared. Not sure if I'll get there this year. There are so many mistakes on this piece, don't look too close. Uh, like, don't look here:

This pillow is not flawless. But it is cute in every direction. 🤩 I learned so much throughout the whole process. Combining all three textures (in two weights) caused some gauge, tension, and sizing issues. Every edge was a new problem to try and solve. My next pillow is going to be a technical upgrade, using everything I learned from this practice project. I plan on exploring different colors and combining even more textures. My next pillow might be even cuter than this one. If that is even possible. 😎


The soft side of this pillow is Go For Faux yarn (super bulky weight), in "Pink Poodle" - what a perfect name for this fluffy stuff! The metallic side is Date Nights yarn (medium weight), in "Morganite" - such a gorgeous gemstone! And the ruffle is Naptime Sieste yarn (medium weight), in "Pink" - a delightful chenille that is less fluffy and but even softer than the poodle side. 😍


In the last few months, I've used the stuffing from two standard sized pillows to make six throw pillows of various sizes (small'ish to kinda'medium). So glad I kept those old pillows. I still have three more! That means I get to keep practicing pillows. 😁


Pink + Pillow + Ruffle + Sparkle + Crochet = Colorful Fun

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Ruffle

Ruffle Monster

Gran'zilla