Egyptian Goddess

 


My new fave project for summer afternoons! Light weight, and it glitters so much in the sunshine, you should just stay in the shade. 😎 Two kinds of yarn are paired perfectly in this gorgeous piece. The black is "Amazing Lace" in Broomstick Black (what a great name!), and the gold is "Bejeweled Sequin Yarn" (I also have it in silver). Both are superfine weight, which makes them rather difficult to work with alone - but they are surprisingly manageable together. 


A few months ago, I worked with similar yarn in another piece, Raspberry Lace. The wintertime low humidity caused such an annoying static electricity problem, and made it difficult to work with this yarn. I basically gave up on it then, because it was so slow going, and just frustrating. But now, in summertime - I am back in black! 😁 It is much easier to manage this yarn now for two reasons: (1) the humidity is way up, and (2) it is perfectly paired with another yarn of the same weight but different texture. The black is soft and smooth, while the gold is crisp and coarse.


Here is a close up for texture details. Simple mesh pattern, nothing fancy. I used a size H crochet hook, which made it easy to work with both strands. I tried working with a size smaller, but it was catching just a bit, and I didn't want to get frustrated. I'm all about having fun, and not having to work too much. 🤩


It looks snazzy hanging next to my jean jacket, and this gives a good sense of scale. It is not too big, and not too small. Easily could make another one twice as long for twice as much fun. And obviously could make it fewer rows, for a more necklace'y look. 



Aw, look how cute the Egyptian Goddess is resting on the Princess Pillow. 💕 Black and gold looks good on pink with more pink. 💖


The Egyptian Goddess is the latest addition to my slowly growing collection of necklace'y items. I enjoy making these sparkly pieces - all lightweight, some more lace'y than others, and all different lengths and thicknesses. Some are glittery enough on their own, and others get entwined with the silver or gold sequined novelty yarn, for extra ultra sparkle.











I have plenty of Broomstick Black left, for future projects. I also have several other colors of Amazing Lace (including white, gray, blue, and two variations of pink'ish), for multiple other future projects. And there is still quite a bit of the gold sequined novelty yarn remaining (silver, too) for even more future projects. So many possible projects, so little time. 😂 


Black + Gold + Fringe + Crochet Mesh = Colorful Fun

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Ruffle

Gran'zilla

Ruffle Monster