Winter Mint


These two pretty pieces are as cool as they are warm. Not exactly true blue, maybe mixed with some sea-breezy green, the colors are minty fresh, like a cool autumn morning. And the fluffy textures compliment those colors perfectly, like being all tucked in all warm and snuggly on a winter night. I love the look and feel of these two scarves, and I could wear them year round.


I had way too much fun experimenting with edging the ruffles. I don't know why I haven't done this before: double edging on a ruffle. I love it! And I am definitely going to do more of this. It adds so much definition to a single ruffle, it almost is like a double ruffle...I think. Maybe. Not sure, actually, what to call it. I know, technically it is not a double ruffle. But it could be in another crochet universe?


I was worried these scarves wouldn't go with my favorite jean jacket...too much blue? all the wrong blues? clash and burn? No way! I love how they look with denim, and the only problem here is deciding which one to wear first. Actually, wait... I have another problem: deciding how to arrange one when I finally decide on which one.



Obviously, I had way too much fun posing these pieces.😎



Separately (above) and together (below), these two pieces roll up into such fun bundles, I kept posing them in fluffy variations of the same thing, just for grins and giggles.😍


Aw, look how cute the little solar system of leftovers is!😁


I used three kinds of yarn in five different colors for this two-piece project: (i) bargain yarn (in turquoise, teal, and jade), (2) Baby Soft Boucle (in Sprout), and (3) Winter Nights (in Sea Mist). 


Baby Soft Boucle has such a wonderful fluffy look to it, but it can be annoying to work with because of the snags. Winter Night is so delightfully delicate, with just a touch of fuzz and that sprinkle of tiny sequins. I love how it looks and feels, and it is surprisingly snag-free. Unfortunately, it is now discontinued. Luckily, I stocked up on it while it was available.😎



Love the textures and contrasts with these colors!😍



Minty Blues + Ruffled Edges = Creative Crochet

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Ruffle

Gran'zilla

Ruffle Monster