What a Mess!

Yes, a mess. A fine mess. I had way too much fun with this messy project. It is such a hot mess. I love it too much. Two scarves... double trouble? More than that. Three yarns...triple trouble? Kinda, but add one more. Quadruple the fun! Yes, the mess. The three yarns in the photo above form the body of one piece (below left) and the fringe of the other piece (below right). Then, a fourth kind of yarn is the ruffle and fringe of the left piece and the body of the right piece. Got it? Love it!

A fine mess, a fun mess, say "yes!" to the mess.

I'm such a fan of combining textures and pairing yarns, here's an accounting of three other cozy combinations I've created recently: Two Blue, Magenta Mischief, Moonstone. Because of that triple inspiration of doubles, of course the math worked out that I had to next try creating a double project of triples. Making sense so far?! 😎


I had two colors of chenille yarn leftover from previous projects (powder blue and lilac, above). I decided to combine those two velvety strands with a different texture, this tape yarn (aqua blue) that I've had for quite a while, and just haven't been sure what to make of it. I thought I'd give it a row or two, to see if I liked this combination. And if it didn't work, I'd just unravel it all and pretend like it never happened. Yea, I've done that before. 😋 Ah, but then, this happened:


And I was immediately, completely, deliciously in love! 😍 So, I continued creating this piece, not knowing exactly where it was going, but knowing full well that it is a gorgeous mix. When I came to a good stopping point for the basic scarf, I knew what I had to do: add ruffle, add fringe. But I also knew... there's already three yarns in the body... edge and trim deserves an addition to the mix! Yes. More is more. This was the perfect opportunity to use up the novelty yarn of yesteryear, and that is how this fluffy ruffle and fuzzy fringe came aboard.




Still having plenty of all four yarns leftover (thus making a new generation of leftovers in trying to use up previous leftovers), I knew exactly what to do: reverse it all. Fluffy novelty yarn becomes the body, and triple texture becomes the fringe. Of course, it works! It is as gorgeous as it is crazy. 😁




So much texture, so little time. 🤩


What a pair! I love these two together, so snuggly and silly. They are part of my tradition of fuzzy fun, overloaded with fluffy ruffle and funky fringe: Costume Party, Jelly Bean Cotton Candy, Hippie Pillows, Hippie Fringe, Ruffle Monster... is it all too much?! No way. Stay tuned. 😋



Aw, look how cute they are! Snuggling here on Burgun-Dee-Lish-Us. 😎


Fringe Fest!


(Multi-colors + Ruffle + Fringe ) + (Reverse It All) = Funky Fun


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Ruffle

Gran'zilla

Ruffle Monster