Magenta Mischief


Mount Magenta would be a good title here. Or, Magenta Mountain. I also thought about calling this post Marvelous Miss Magenta. Then there is Magenta Madness. And Magenta Mayhem, too. But I didn't want to sound too crazy. Because there could not possibly be More Magenta, this must be the Most Magenta. Obviously, this piece could have been called Magnificent Magenta, or Magical Magenta. And, I almost went with Marry Me Magenta.😎


I decided to put "mischief" in the title because of the little experiment I tried here: combining a fine weight acrylic yarn with a medium weight cotton-acrylic blend. I wasn't sure at first if that contrast was going to work. I was prepared to unravel the whole thing and just forget about it, if I didn't like what was taking shape. And that never happened, of course, because I loved every stitch of what immediately started to take shape.


I like how in the photo below there is a little bit of sparkle visible in the cotton-acrylic blend yarn. That is the medium weight yarn, and it has a metallic thread running through it, along with changing purples and pinks in a color scheme the yarn company called "Gossamers." A nice enough name, but it doesn't work for me here, because there is nothing spider-web'y about this mischievous piece. This scarf is sturdy and shapely, thanks to the pairing of these two yarns. The fine weight yarn has an interesting twisted texture, and an absolutely rockin' cool name: "Magenta Haze." Good, one! 


In different light, this scarf goes crazy with color. Some of the purples start to look blue. Some of the pinks start to go all purple again. Call it raspberry wine with cotton candy. Or grape soda paired with unicorn toes. I love, love, love this mix of magenta textures. 😍






I had no doubt that this piece would go great with my jean jacket. Then, when I actually posed it, I almost thought for a minute, "Maybe this goes too great with my jacket? Is that even possible?"🤩







I had way too much fun posing this piece, and I might still be doing it, if I didn't have other crochet projects on deck. 😁









Pink&Purple Ruffles + Pink&Purple Fringe + Magenta Sparkle = Creative Crochet

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Ruffle

Gran'zilla

Ruffle Monster