Hippie Candy

 

I had so much fun making this piece, I just kept on making it. So cheery and fun. No plan, other than trying to use up as many colorful leftovers as I could. Another texture added, good. Different color this time, perfect. 😎


Candy colored color combinations, plus ruffle, plus fringe, with a touch of chenille smoothness, and a smidgen of bouclé fluffiness. Too wild'n'wacky? Not if you're a hippie! And certainly not if you're a color-luvin' crochet-playin' funster like me.🤩


My brother, Frank, had the idea to call this piece "Hippie Candycorn," and I loved it immediately. But there are a few more colors present than just the classic candycorn yellow, orange, and white. With multiple shades of pink, and a few other tones of peaches and cream, this piece doesn't quite get the "corn" bit. Still lovin' the "candy" part, though. And, of course, diggin' the "hippie" thing! Thanks, Frank.😍

Love, love, love that bouclé texture! I have several more skeins of this orange'y'peach colored yarn. It is a bit snaggy to work with, but worth it. (A dab of hand lotion rubbed right into fingertips does the trick.) Also, bouclé yarn doesn't show stitch definition too well, so it isn't that great for the main rows, but it is perfect for edging, trim, and fringe. Those loopey'loops in the bouclé texture look so bubbly and feel so cozy on the edges. (Especially when paired with the chenille texture of the yellow yarn!) I have more projects planned to use up the bouclé and chenille yarns, giving them the showcase they deserve.😎

  

First, I had too much fun making this piece. Then, I had way too much fun posing this piece. It looks great with my jean jacket. It brightens up a bland space. It is adorable just sitting there.



Fringe Fest!


Candy Colors + Ruffles + Fringe'y Fun = Creative Crochet


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Ruffle

Ruffle Monster

Gran'zilla