Sunrise Sherbet


So fun! I always love crocheting with bulky weight yarn. It works up fast and easy. It makes me feel productive. Even when all I'm doing is jus'chillin'😎 and hanging out doin' my fave hobby.🤩 Each one of these pieces is actually just half a scarf, which makes for a cute quartet of colors. A slightly different pattern for each one, all the same shape, and varying lengths. They're sisters in a set of a sunrise color scheme, and I absolutely adore the look and feel of the whole project.  


This bulky weight, ribbed texture yarn is now discontinued. Darn! I bought four skeins of it last year, with exactly this kind of project in mind. I imagined a slightly different piece in each color, but all with the same general theme. Line them up, and see how it looks. Now I wish I had purchased more!


I wasn't sure if I'd like working with that ribbed texture, so I thought I'd just whip out mini-scarves, in different stitches, and see what happens. Of course it all turned out so cute, and now I don't have any more of this fun yarn left. Ah, well, I know there's plenty more out there of similar texture. I'll just have to hunt for it. That's part of the fun!😎


I kept it simple this time, no ruffle, no sparkle. Each piece all one color. But, of course, I did have to add a bit of fringe on the ends, just to finish it off. 😁 The mixin'it'up fun time came from varying the basic stitch in each piece. Two pieces in a mesh pattern, two pieces standard easy pattern. The mesh pieces varied, with and without second row of single crochet between mesh rows. The standard easy pieces varied single and double crochet. That's it! Too easy. Too fun.😎



I had way too much fun posing these pieces!🤩



Love how they look on this blue background.😍 Like some kind of flowing sea creature. The blue background is thanks to a brand new game mat that we bought for our geeky evenings of board games. Great investment! Now it serves two purposes. And I might have to look into other colors.😄


More fun posing these pieces.
They look great with my jean jacket, whether solo or mix'n'match. 



Too many layers? Nope. More layers, please!😎



More fun posing these pieces. A half-scarf can be short and stubby, or long and lean. All four of mine turned out quite skinny and lengthy, which makes for perfect bow ties! Now here's a fun idea. I wrapped them around this pack-of-4 tissue boxes, and yay! So cute!! Great gift idea for baby showers, or just a cheap and easy give away.




Still more fun posing these pieces. I love how scarves roll up in perfect swirls. Every time I play with this, I picture a painting party.😃


Just hanging around.😎


One more undersea shot.


Colorful Fun + Simple Scarves = Creative Crochet




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Ruffle

Gran'zilla

Ruffle Monster