Jelly Bean Cotton Candy

 


What a fluffy fun pair! These scarves are made of a novelty yarn that worked up fast and easy. Colorfully fuzzy and so delightful to play with, I love how this yarn looks and feels. It is a bit on the pricey side, but I can hold out for those smart sales. 😎 I will definitely be making more colorful gems with this yarn. These scarves are like costume pieces, using the same "Mandala Fluff" category of yarn I used a few months ago in Costume Party. Except this time, instead of using the fluffy yarn only as edging and fringe, I made the entire piece using this fuzzy fun yarn. And what a sweet treat this is! I just had to call it Jelly Bean Cotton Candy, because, well... yea. Obviously. 😁


This yarn has a jumbo weight, and that makes it easy to work with.
It flows smoothly and didn't catch or snag even once, which was a pleasant surprise.
But because of its fluffiness, this yarn hides the stitch detail (body, above) a little bit.
And that's ok, because, WOW, it's fluffy (fringe, below) fluffy fluffy!😎



I used a size K crochet hook for both pieces, and I think I will try a size larger next time. I'm curious to see if that will allow it to be even more fluffy. 😍  The colors are so crazy fun, it all clashes, and it all works. When colors combine with fuzz, I bet everything clashes and works. 😎The yarn company named the color schemes in this category after tropical fish and sea creaturesColorful, creative, imaginative, AND fluffy! This is all just way too much fun. The color schemes in these pieces below are named Scorpionfish (left) and Mermaid (right). Previously, in Costume Party, I worked with Pixy Hawkfish, Zebra Lionfish, and Blue Dempsey. And right now, I have a stash for future projects that includes Glass Squid and Viperfish. What great names for color schemes! I gotta get on board with a color scheme naming team.

I crocheted the Mermaid one as a simple mesh pattern, and the Scorpionfish one in a mesh pattern with an extra row of sc between every mesh row. That gives each of them their own character, with variations in sturdiness that are both fun and playful - thanks to all that fluff and all those colors! 
Mermaid color scheme (above), standard mesh pattern.
Scorpionfish color scheme (below), additional row of sc between every mesh row.

Looking at those patterns again, closer and at an angle.



Because of their bulkiness, both scarves fold with a solid form. They don't drape at all (thanks, sturdiness!) but they sure do hang with perfect shape. 😁 I had fun posing them on the coat hooks, coffee table, and couch. Looks like they had fun, too. It's like backstage at a Children's Theater production! 😎 











These two scarves might not have to be costume pieces all the time.
They look almost respectable here posed nice on the sofa.
Lookin' comfy on the couch!



Fluffy Fuzz + Colorful Crochet = Creative Fun

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Ruffle

Gran'zilla

Ruffle Monster