Grape Soda



Plenty of pleasing purples in this pretty piece! I was so pleasurably peaceful while making this purple piece, because purple is my favorite color. And because this worked up so fast and friendly. The yarn is perfectly smooth, in the category of "Mandala Ombre."  It did not snag once, and it flowed like an easy purple stream. I used a size J crochet hook for this piece, and that was a good match for this texture. I might go one size larger next time, because I think that might open up the mesh and make it more flexible. 😀


The yarn company calls this color scheme "Chi," which is part of their series of clever names that make a zen theme. Like "Balance" and "Serene," those are great names for color schemes in this yarn category. I like the sound of "chi" but I wasn't too sure about using the word as a color label... A quick internet search came up with so many possible meanings for "chi." It might mean "energy force," which is a cool label for these purples. But "chi" could also mean "continuous probability distrubution," which kinda doesn't work for me as an alternative purple name. So, I decided to call this color scheme "Grape Soda" instead.  😎


This medium weight yarn is 100% acrylic, which sounds maybe not too great at first, because that is just so... artificial. But, now that I have worked with this yarn, I'm a fan. It holds up well, and is soft and smooth. It gives the piece a nice sturdiness that folds and drapes perfectly, but it still feels cozy. 


Fun With Fringe!




Love that texture!


This purple piece drapes like a dream.



In certain light, at just the right angle, there is almost a sheen to these colors. 



The generous cake provides 344 yards of yarn, which is pretty plenty purple.
I sometimes worry that I make some pieces too long, and with too much fringe. 
😁







Pretty Purples + Creative Crochet = Comfy Scarf


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Ruffle

Gran'zilla

Ruffle Monster