Southwest Sunrise


I absolutely loved working with this yarn, and I already have more of this category in different color schemes. It is a bit pricey, but I bought a variety of color schemes on sale, and I'm so glad I did! I will definitely be making more pieces like this, because this yarn works up so smooth and easy, with gorgeous texture, and it looks and feels great. 


These two cozy casual scarves came from the same one cake of yarn. The yarn company calls it "Comfy Cotton Blend," and I just call it perfect. (This is the same category of yarn I used in the Confetti piece of Confetti and Rust.) The company name for this color scheme is "Stained Glass" which I do think is a fantastic name... But. I just had to call this pair Southwest Sunrise, because the earthy gold, dusty purple, dry sage, and sky blue colors sang to me a song of morning in the desert. 


A cake of colors contains a generous 392 yards of this light weight yarn, which was more than enough to create these two pieces. Plus I added fringe to both scarves, and still had a cute little ball of leftovers. The scarves are approximately the same length, but very different widths.  I used a size J crochet hook to make both pieces, and I followed the same mesh pattern that I enjoy so much. It is a cheerful meditation to work through the rows of color, and keep going in peace and pleasure. In the photo below you can see that the two scarves complement one another with different versions of the mesh pattern: the top piece has the extra row of sc between each mesh row (giving it a soft sturdiness), and the lower piece is the standard mesh pattern. 


Here's another view to compare those patterns.

 

These two scarves hang beautifully, with an elegant drape that is a sophisticated secret inside their casual feel.  I just hope these two pretties aren't too long...? 😎

I love how they look on the hook!

Having fun with posing this piece!





Desert Sunrise Colors + Comfy Cotton Blend Yarn = Creative Crochet







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Ruffle

Gran'zilla

Ruffle Monster