Neptune's Beard


Love the deep ocean colors in these coils! This fringe is so fun to play with, and I have to chuckle over it looking like bouncy hair that a friendly sea monster might have. I just had to name this piece Neptune's Beard, which should also be a color, if it isn't already. 😎 Besides the funky fun fringes, the whole scarf looks great and feels so comfy. It's just one big blue bundle of cozy fun. Plus it folds wonderfully, and has a nice drape as it hangs for a pose.
 



The yarn company calls this category of yarn "Boing!" and that is exactly correct. It is a bulky weight of mixed acrylic and polyester, with a high-twist fabrication that gives it a surprising springy'ness. I never knew that textiles could be this springy! I was pleasantly geeked out to learn that elasticity is a thing in the fiber arts. It makes me want to visit a factory where this kind of yarn is made. Is that possible? Maybe I could claim that it is a field trip for my students. 😎


This yarn has great texture, is super easy to work with, and creates the coolest patterns with all those colorful coils. I used a size K crochet hook for this piece, and next time I think I'll try a size larger, just for fun.  I'm curious also to create future items using the various other color schemes. Just one problem - this yarn is a little pricey. So, I'll have to wait for a clearance sale. 😍


I probably didn't need to make it this long. 😁 But, I love how it drapes and folds, so maybe this super long size is perfect? 😊 With its bulky weight plus elastic form, this piece holds it shape and allows for perfect posing. It has a fun way of stretching and holding up at the same time, all thanks to that high-twist yarn. There's layers of creative power in those springs. Dig those coils! 🤩
 





Twisted Yarn + Ocean Blues = Creative Crochet

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Ruffle

Gran'zilla

Ruffle Monster