Cape Closet



This blue'n'white quartet combo makes me so happy. 😍 I had way too much colorful fun working in just these simple hues. Here's a photo album, Shapes of Capes, full of proof that I enjoy this too much. 😁 I have a long term love affair going with blues: Blue Moon, Two Blue, Blue and Blue. And with whites: Snow Day (when it's all about pure vanilla'ness), Candy Snow, and Fireworks Cake Volcano Circus (when it just needs a dramatic touch of white contrast). 


I absolutely love the shapes of these capes. 🤩


The blue cape is made with extra fine weight yarn, with a touch of sparkle. And the white cape (more of a shawl, really, but kinda cape'y, too 😎) is made with a bulky weight chenille that feels like warm cloud. Two completely different textures, but one feel of love from me for both. 😍


The blue cape turned out so shapely because of the three strands of extra fine yarn, all worked together simultaneously. The whole piece still has the lightweight feel of extra fine, but also has the sturdiness of a heavier yarn. Love it! 
 

I love "Summer Nights" yarn, from Lion. It has just a teeny bit of sparkle, and a whole lotta' character. 😎 The metallic strand running through it is kinda' snagg'y, which does get annoying sometimes, if my hands are dry. Gotta watch out for that, a touch of hand lotion usually does the trick. And the annoyance is worth it, because the final result is pure gorgeous. Ah, glamour girl, 🤩 I do have a long term love affair going with that glimmer factor: Sand Sparkle, Sparkly Mini-Purse, Gold and Silver


More cape shape lovin' fun:


On the flip side of the glamour coin, opposite to sparkle, is my other long term love affair: fluffy luxury. So many chenille fantasies- Quartet Plush, Unicorn Camouflage, Hippie Candy, Princess Pillow, Sage and Sand, Winter Green - so little time. 😆 I absolutely love how this bulky white yarn worked up, two plump skeins for the shawl (above). And with the leftovers I made another unicorn rope (below), in the style of Starting Chains, by adding in a strand of other leftover fluffy yarn. Luxury inside of luxury. 😎


With the leftover blue yarn, I added a couple more strands of leftover other blues, and made a quick fave of mine, ruffles and fringe fest. 😍 Nuthin' fancy, just another scarf of fluffy fun. I could do this all day. 😎


Aw, this little family of blue and white is all snuggly on the couch. 😍


Colorful Fun + Fluffy Luxury + Sparkle Yarn = Creative Crochet

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruffle Monster

Candy Cane Ruffle

"Unboxing Becky"