Quartet Plush


Yummy yarn from Yarned & Dangerous plus my fave easy peasy pattern equals a quartet of cuties that worked up fast and fun. This chenille yarn is so luxurious and lovely, I am delighted with the look and feel of it. It has just enough bulk to be winter worthy, but still has a light-as-air fluffiness about it. Dee-lish-us! 😍


I have a long history of loving the luxury of chenille yarn. For example, Unicorn Camouflage is pastel perfection with chenille softness, while Snow Day combines multiple textures along with gorgeous chenille. Other texture combinations with chenille are featured in G.I. Jane, Sage and SandBlue Christmas, What a Mess, Clouds and Sunshine, Princess Pillow, and all of these parites: Costume Party, Pillow Party, Purple Princess Party, Pink'n'Peach Princess Party. Oh, my, I do believe there could be a pattern of having too much fun here. Well, but, no! A girl can never have too much fun with textures. 😎 And now, back to this Quartet Plush. The four easy pieces here are pure chenille, and nothing else but simple perfection.


One skein wonders! 🤩 These little lovelies are all simple rectangles, and here's how I embellished them: with love and ruffles. 😎 Starting with (1) as the basic model and moving through (2) and (3) with ruffles and mesh variations, it all turned out perfect. Then with (4) I just had to experiment with rope. 😁 

(1) in black, like a perfect little black dress, this is as plain Jane as it gets

(2) in blue, add an easy ruffle to one side of the rectangle, and plain Jane goes a bit glamour

(3) in dark gray, add mesh and take that ruffle to the next level, so now plain Jane is super glamour gal

and finally (4) in light gray, I just had to have a little ropey-dopey fun with this piece.


Crochet rope is my new fave gimmick. 😄 I will be making more of this, with different textured yarns. The process is simple: make one long starting chain out of the whole skein, then treat that starting chain like your yarn and make a starting chain out of it, then make a starting chain out of that, and then again. If I had started with a bigger skein, I could have kept going. Starting chain 'paloza! 😁



Here's a folder full of too many photos 😁 showing how much fun I had 😎 working with rope and feeling this fluffy yarn: Quartet Plush



Fluffy Yarn + Creative Crochet = Colorful Fun


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Ruffle

Gran'zilla

Ruffle Monster