Blue Christmas

 


I love blue! My love affair with blue goes way back: Blue Jean Baby, Winter Blues, Two Blue, Blue Moon. I can't stop lovin' blue. 😎 More and more, and more of the same. But different. Fluffy ruffle, colorful fringe, sparkle and texture. Deep blue, so deep, it is almost black in certain light. Pale blue, so pale, it could be mistaken for white. Love these contrasts! 

So many blues, so little time. 😎My list of blue love goes on and on: Turquoise Blue, Neptune's BeardEarth and MarsSea Shine, Winter Mint. I love how one blue piled up on a different blue and wrapped around another blue is all a new kind of blue. 😁


Snuggle up with blue! 😍


The faux fur in pale blue looks so pale, it could almost be mistaken for white. So, I had to take a picture of it with a ball of white chenille on it, to prove that it is actually a teeny bit blue. 🤩


I am so intrigued by the asymmetrical shape of this scarf. Some call it a "potato chip" pattern, because of how it coils around and can look like stacked, formed, potato chips. When spread out, it wants to make an oval pattern, and I just love it. 



This next piece, in sparkly blue, is made of extra fine yarn. It is so fine, it is essentially a lace yarn, and I find it hard to work with... unless I have three strands of it. Then it works perfect for me. 😎


This next piece is another sparkly blue, but much deeper tone, and I love how it looks and feels. This is another fine yarn, called "Vanna's Glamour," and it has a stretchy'ness to it that makes it much easier to work with than most other fine yarns. I love it!




I love comparing these textures!


This next piece is part poncho (but not quite Poncho Tequila 😎), part scarf, and part cape. I kept adding to it, with multiple strands, different textures, and various stitches. Then I added the white chenille ruffle, making it a gorgeous hot mess. And I gotta say, this love affair between blue and me just keeps gittin' hotter. 😍


Aw, look at the cuddly blue pile! 😍


And then there's fun with fringe! 🤩


Fringe Fest plus Ruffle Fun! 😁


One last shot of them all together, neatly folded. Or, as neatly folded as you can get when you're covered in ruffles and fringe. 😎


Blue + Sparkle + Ruffle + Fringe = Christmas Crochet Fun





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Ruffle

Gran'zilla

Ruffle Monster