Blue Moon


I absolutely love the look and feel of this shimmering scarf! Light as air, it looks like glittery moonlight shining on comfy blue jeans. It has a thin metallic thread running through it, and that makes it easily dressed up or casually dressed down. However you like it, this lovely lady is so very wearable.


Turns out, it looks just as good with my pink winter coat as it does with my fall jean jacket. It is extra long, so it can be wrapped a couple of times around cold shoulders. But it is so light and comfy, it can also stay cool in sunshine, just draped for sparkly fun. I think I'll be wearing this lovely lady a lot.

    

The pattern is my favorite simple groove - single mesh, nothing fancy. Easy to work up when I just need to chill my mind. The weight is fine, so it takes a while to fill in, but totally worth it. I love the texture of it. This could be hefted up with double rows in between the mesh, and of course could have edging and even ruffles added for more bulk. But I love it this way, light and easy.


 


The style of this yarn is "Shawl in a Cake," and the color scheme is Moonstone. What a great name, Moonstone! Interestingly, the cake comes in a scheme of colors (blues and reds blended with grays) which I modified. I do like the look of all the colors together in the cake, but when it came to making a single scarf, I decided I wanted the colors separated.


So, of course, this means I now have bunch of fun leftovers - a couple of sparkly spheres of those reds, and some smaller spheres of the grays. Future projects - I love leftovers!


To compliment the lightness of this piece, I may double the density of the next piece. And perhaps add some fringe, and a fluffy ruffle. That would make it a true winter time scarf. It will be fun to see how that sparkle looks in a red ruffle. Stay tuned! Meanwhile, this comfy blue piece is perfect for fall.




Blue Sparkle + Mesh Pattern = Colorful Crochet

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Ruffle

Ruffle Monster

Gran'zilla