Clouds and Sunshine


I love the look and feel of chenille. So soft and comfy, it makes the perfect scarf. I added edging, ruffles, and fringe using several other categories of yarn. That made for a fun mix of cozy comfort.


The Sunshine scarf turned out quite loose and floppy, while the Clouds scarf is more tightly bound. Both feel great wrapped around the neck, layered on the lap, or just bundled up to snuggle.


I have two N sized crochet hooks, but they are slightly different. One is the standard N, and the other is a slightly larger N/15. It is just a millimeter difference between the two hooks, but it definitely made a big difference in the look and feel of the two scarves. I used the 10 mm hook on the Sunshine scarf, and the 9 mm hook on the Clouds scarf.





The yarn I used for this project came in cakes of "Ice Cream Deluxe" with a color scheme called "Silver Sands." That is a super cool name...and I do love a good pairing of contrasting colors... But... 😎


I had no problem breaking up "Silver Sands" into two new color schemes, of Clouds and Sunshine. This seemed to me an even better way to show off this gorgeous chenille.


There is a subtle sheen to this yarn, which makes the yellows shine like a sunny morning, and the grays glimmer like a silver coin. I knew there was enough change of shades in each color to create separate looks of Sunshine and Clouds.


This bulky weight yarn works up fast and easy, with no snags. It is loose and almost slippery, which means it doesn't hold its shape, and that's fine. Because it hangs on the edge of a chair like a cat relaxing, and it looks so cute on the hook with all its crafty friends nearby.  😁


I had fun adding the details to both scarves, and mixing it up a bit. I love making ruffles, and this yarn accommodated multiple layers of fun, fluff, and fringe.




Comfy Cozy Yarn + Colorful Fun = Creative Crochet






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Ruffle

Gran'zilla

Ruffle Monster