Exoplanet

 

Out of this world! Indeed, out of the solar system. This piece is such an exotic mix of colors, I had to name it Exoplanet. Like, the impossible made real. I don't think I would have ever combined these colors myself, but I cheerfully accept that the yarn company did. 😎 They called this color scheme "Rain Forest," and while I do love the idea of that name being a color scheme... it just doesn't seem to match this particular set of colors. I decided to call this piece Exoplanet because I'm seeing a color scheme that requires an open mind, some imagination, and a whole'lotta creative thinking. And actually, the more I looked at it, and the bigger it got... and then I added a ruffle in two more colors... I decided even Exoplanet doesn't quite capture it all. This color scheme is more like: if Genghis Khan needed a cloak to wear for a Dia de Muertos festival on Kepler-1649c, then yea. This is the color scheme for that cloak. So, Exoplanet.

Too long?
Not if you want AWESOME on the hook!

I used a size J crochet hook for both the body mesh and the ruffle. That gave it a beautiful texture that shows the stitches perfectly. The ruffle is an easy double stitch, composed of two kinds of medium weight bargain yarn, that worked up nice and smooth. The mesh body is made of a satiny acrylic yarn that is a bit more pricey, but I lucked out and got it on sale. 😎 Even more gorgeous than getting it on sale, there is a slight sheen to the yarn of the mesh. Thus, in certain light at the right angle, each stitch glows with its own shimmering energy. I love how it looks!


The category of yarn for the mesh body is "Landscapes," and there are several more color schemes for it. The clever yarn company creators assigned great names for all of them: Desert Spring, Sand Dune, Apple Orchard, Blue Lagoon, Wild Flowers, Skyline, Harvest. Love thinking about all those possibilities! So many color schemes, so little time. I will be watching for more sales on this yarn, because I definitely want to create more pieces like this. 

I had fun photographing this piece, and setting the stage for some creative posing. It holds its shape well, and has a certain charm in contrasts, which makes for playful posing. This piece also drapes with a lovely flair, thanks to that gentle ruffle. 










Now for an action shot!😎





Multi-Colors + Crochet Fun = Creative Cozy





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Ruffle

Gran'zilla

Ruffle Monster