Cupcake Sprinkles

 



Sweet and simple! This lovely little lollipop was so fun to make, I can easily create a dozen more just like it. One cake of this twisty, curvy yarn whipped up the perfect scarf in a just a few hours of easy crochet. A simple mesh pattern, without any frills. Because it is already so full of color and texture, I just kept it that simple.


There is enough fuzzy fun here to play with, no need for trim... Ah, but just imagine if I started adding some extra edging... Just a teeny bit of fluffy fringe...One little ruffle...  Yes, then it would be delightful indeed! I just might have to do all that on the next round of easy pieces. Hmm, but then they wouldn't be easy pieces, they'd be fancy upgrades! 
😍

Just look at this texture! I love it. 


This was the first time I worked with this category of yarn. It is a bulky weight blend of acrylic and polyester, that looks oddly rough at first glance (the yarn company calls this category "Homespun Stripes"). Ah, but this yarn is actually sooo soft and oh, so cozy. It has an interesting pebbly texture which was so unusual to me at first, definitely makes me wonder about the true meaning of "homespun."  When I opened the package, I wasn't sure if I liked it, but after one row of crocheting with it, I loved it. So fun to handle! It works up fast, and doesn't snag at all - which was surprising, since it has so many fuzzy bits flying out of it. Can you see that fluttering fluff?! What fun!


I love this sweet and silly color scheme, with all its candy colors twisted in snowy white. The yarn company calls this color scheme "Nursery," and I do like that delightful label. But, I decided to call this piece Cupcake Sprinkles, because it looks so sugary color'y and feels so frosting'y fluffy.
😎





There are many other color schemes in this category, and I was lucky enough to get three more cakes on sale. I'm all set for creating future pieces with these wonderfully named color schemes: Fools Gold (top), Beach Umbrella (lower left), and Aubergine (lower right).


Here's a cute little contest that I fun posing and prop'ing.
😁
Which garment goes best with this sweet Cupcake Sprinkles scarf?
Flannel shirt, jean jacket, or winter coat?


My little Cupcake Sprinkles scarf looks good on the hook,

and folded up snug, and tossed around wonky.




Candy Colors + Creative Crochet = Snuggly Fun

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Ruffle

Gran'zilla

Ruffle Monster