Unicorn Camouflage

 

This is not your grandfather's camouflage! 😋 Or is it? 😁 I absolutely loved making this sweet piece, and it is comfy cozy enough for any grandfather to appreciate. Plus, those soft colors are perfect for grandpappy dreaming. Even softer: the chenille yarn is positively luxurious! And so fun to work with, I love how it feels so fluffy and works up so fast.

The yarn company calls this yarn "Naptime," and that is a perfect label for chenille. It has a medium weight given, but I feel like it borders on light weight. Each strand is quite thin by itself, and that can be beautiful. For example: Hippie Fringe, Clouds and Sunshine, Sage and SandAnd a beautiful bonus of Sage and Sand: New Orleans Winter. But this time, I wanted something a bit more bulky. So, I combined four strands at once, each a different color. And, yay!! The camouflage of unicorns emerged like magic. 😍 



I do love mixing colors, and several times I have made classic camouflage items for my Army veteran brother: The BeastBaby Beast, and Little Cami, all with classic camo colors.  Plus, there's a couple colorful camo options for princesses, too: G.I. Jane and Hippie Princess Beach BagAnd now, this new combination of colors (mint, lilac, pink, and blue) is the perfect mix for hiding a unicorn. 😀



Baby blanket? Well, if your baby is going to take up the whole couch, then yes. This could be called a "baby" blanket. But, I made this rectangle way too big to be useful for just one baby. I had so much fun making it, I just kept going. And now I'm thinking, this piece can definitely be used to make a super cool, colorful kid fort. 😎



Chenille Yarn + Fun Colors = Creative Crochet

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Ruffle

Gran'zilla

Ruffle Monster