Baby Beast

 


Pillow talk! 😎


I had so much fun making this pillow. Camouflage colors (from leftover yarn of a fave previous project, that Frank now likes to call Baby Camy) on one side, and earth tones (of the giant granny square leftover from The Beast) on the other side. This is my first attempt ever at pillow creation, and it is not perfect... but it maybe gets a passing grade... almost. 😋 


I didn't follow a pattern, because I already had the giant granny square ready to go for one side. I figured I could stitch something together for the other side, and that should make for a perfect pillow. I decided I didn't need a pattern... hmmm... maybe next time I should take a look at a pillow pattern. My leftover-granny-square method is probably why there are plenty of puckers on this pillow. 😁


I figured this lumpy pillow could maybe be used as back support, or a foot rest. But it is now getting actual sleepy-time head use. Frank claims he doesn't mind the plumps, puckers, and imperfections in this pillow. He has already used it for napping on the couch. Look at this Nap Stack:

Nappin' Gear assembled and ready.

I'm having way too much fun posing this pillow.


Baby Beast looks cute next to The Beast.

The pucker problem isn't that bad, if you're not a perfectionist. I like to think that the puckering just adds to the puffy-comfy'ness of the whole project. 😎

Even at the corners, the puckering doesn't show up too much. It's there if you look for it. So, I recommend you just don't look too closely. 😋

The stuffing for Baby Beast came from an old store bought pillow that had gone lumpy and then exploded in the wash. I didn't want to throw away that old lumpy pillow, because it was all fresh and clean, with that great smell of fabric softener 😍...but now it was even more lumpy after going through the wash. Plus it had partially busted open.  
I have plenty of stuffing left for future projects (already started experimenting with little stuffed spheres, super cute, so fun!) and I definitely want to make more pillows. Next time, I may or may not follow a pattern. 😎


I like how the two color schemes on either side of the pillow give this piece a double personality. I might make this my signature look for future projects. I am a Gemini, after all.  😏



Granny Square + Camouflage Colors + Creative Crochet = Pucker'y Pillow

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Ruffle

Gran'zilla

Ruffle Monster