Hippie Princess Beach Bag

 

Purple and pink plus fringe and ruffle, all in one simple mesh bag! That is an accessory every Hippie Princess needs for the beach. This bargain yarn was taking up space on my overloaded craft shelf. I needed an easy project to make it go away fast, and this mesh beach bag was the perfect solution. So simple, and it turned out so cute. The basic pattern is a rectangle'ish single crochet mesh, keep going until one skein is used up. Fold it in half, and with the other skein, stitch up the sides, add a shoulder strap (I had to ruffle it just a teeny bit), and fringe it up for the love of fringe. Perfect Princess colors and Hippie fun.

This piece is super floppy, because of the mesh being all sc stitches. I used a size I crochet hook for the whole thing, including the edge connection, shoulder strap, and ruffle. Because it doesn't hold its shape at all, it is difficult to get a sense of scale in these photos. It might look a bit small, but this bag is surprisingly roomy inside. Even hanging up next to a bath towel, you still can't tell how big this little Hippie Princess bag really is.

In the photo below, the beach bag is sitting comfy with four bath towels tucked inside it. Yes! Four bath towels. This is the little Princess Beach Bag That Could! It is stretchy and loose, and can easily fit more fun stuff. It is not meant for tiny items, those would fall through the mesh. But it is perfect for bulky things, and makes whatever you're packin' look like colorful princess'y hippie fun.

I had way too much fun with the fringe. I put three lines of it along the bottom: one line of quadruple strands right down the middle, sandwiched between two lines of double strands. Then I added four more sets of quadruple strands at each end of the shoulder strap. That helped camouflage the warp and folds of the stitches I used to attach the strap to the bag. 


The shoulder strap is just a super long skinny rectangle. I probably could have made it shorter and wider, but I was having too much fun with how the colors were playing out. I added a gentle ruffle (2 sc stitches in the base stitch) on each edge, for a little flair and fun.



Now that I see it in all these poses, I wish I had added a ruffle around the top edge. All right then, next time!


Love that fringe! Love those colors! Love the texture of sc mesh! 


It's so roomy in there, you could park a beach umbrella in this princess hippie bag!



Pink & Purple + Fringe & Ruffle = Perfect Princess Hippie Crochet Fun











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Ruffle

Gran'zilla

Ruffle Monster