State Fair entries
Seven crochet items, dropped off today: entries in the Arts & Crafts division of the Colorado State Fair. 😎 I am super excited about this, and I had so much fun getting everything ready. There are so many possible categories in the fair guidelines, it is a blizzard of options. The seven items are (above, from left to right):
1. Crochet Baby Mobile, Jellyfish
Class: Toy, crocheted or knitted, no plastic, no sets
Item: Hand-knitted or Crocheted Other Than Clothing
Class: Toy, crocheted or knitted, no plastic, no sets
Item: Hand-knitted or Crocheted Other Than Clothing
2. Fringed Table Runner
Class: Table Runner, knitted or crocheted
Item: Hand-knitted or Crocheted Other Than Clothing
3. Crochet Cactus and flower pot
Class: Crocheted item, not mentioned above
Item: Hand-knitted or Crocheted Other Than Clothing
4. Granny Square with pom tassels
Class: Any other crocheted item in one piece
Item: Crochet or Hand-knitted Afghans
5. Crochet Hat
Class: Any other knitted or Crocheted item not otherwise listed
Item: Clothing Hand-knitted or Crocheted
6. Granny Square Bag
Class: Crocheted, wearable accessories
Item: Clothing Hand-knitted or Crocheted
7. Granny Square Pillow
Class: Pillow, crocheted or knitted
Item: Hand-knitted or Crocheted Other Than Clothing
In previous years, I didn't do a very good job of figuring out the categories of classes and items. (I know that Pillow Party was an impossible-to-judge entry. And I'm not sure which bag I picked last year out of Granny Packs, but I'm pretty sure it was the most flawed. 😂 Also, I'm glad that my Silly Hats were last place compared to the amazing work of Salty Stitchery) So, this year, I tried to select a good variety of different classes and items that I can maybe hope to get a third place or honorable mention. 😆
Thanks very much to my ever patient old Army guy and kid brother, Frank, for assisting me in loading, hauling, waiting in line, and photographing this adventure. 🤩
I can hope, but I do not expect any of my little amateur pieces to place. Because those judges are super smart and very strict about quality, skills, finishing, corners, edges, joining. All the things that I just do for fun and relaxation and love of the color scheme. 😁 And there are so many professional-level entries, I know that on most of it, I can't even compare. But, I do have a selection here of great color schemes, fun and funky pieces, and just all whimsical cute stuff - here's a whole folder of pics: State Fair Entries. One of those items maybe could get a little notice, and possibly one or two pieces might get a "people's choice" or "judge's favorite" kind of decision... and that could, maybe, possibly get it on display. 😍 That is my simple goal this year - to have a least one of my items on display. I'll keep hoping, and meanwhile, just based on what I saw today at the drop-off, I have an idea or two for next year. 😎
(1) The toy jellyfish baby mobile is a combination of patterns and ideas: Jellyfish Hat and this octopus. I really went to town on modifying, embellishing, and continuing to have colorful fun with it. 😆 (2) The fringed table runner, all rolled up, kind of looks like a really colorful squid. I love that it could still be a shawl, but I want it now to be a table runner. 😎 (3) The cactus is a simple kit that I loved doing with my crochet class. I am such a fan of amigurumi now, even though I'm just one year into it, thanks to this delightful event: New Orleans wedding. (4) The granny square with pom tassels is a fun fave of mine that I can do again and again. (5)The hat is so shiny and cute! (6) The granny square bag is one of many. 🤩 (7) The pillow is from a pair, and is part of a long line of lovers (so many pillows in my past). 😍
Colorful Crochet + Creative Relaxation = State Fair Fun






Comments
Post a Comment