Sister Shawls

 


These two sweet pieces have so much in common - and they are so entirely different from each other. I had to call them Sister Shawls. 😁 Like these two shawls, my sister and I had a lot in common, and we were completely opposite on so many things. Aw, Cindy, my big sis, I miss you. 😍 

I think Cindy would have liked both of these shawls. They are the exact same pattern, but two totally different yarns. The gray yarn is a bulky weight chenille, so soft and luxurious, it is absolutely dreamy to wear. It also has a beautiful sheen that makes this luscious color anything but dull gray. The pale turquoise colored yarn is extra fine weight, and actually kind of hard to work with, it's so fine. Take a look at how delicate it is: 

This is my favorite "Summer Nights" yarn, that I usually work with three strands at a time. But I decided, for once, I would work with just the one strand, because I wanted the lace look. It was slow going, very slow to work up. But, so absolutely worth it. The fine weight makes for such a delicate lace-like feel, even with the ruffle, absolutely gorgeous. And the yarn has a metallic thread running through it, which gives this piece a sweet sparkle (that doesn't show up well in the photos, darn it, but I promise you, it is glimmering there 🤩).

See how the exact same pattern looks with these two completely different yarns?!
(fine weight above, bulky weight below)
I absolutely love the look and feel of both! 
They're like summer and winter, like Cindy and me. 😍

The mesh pattern of these two pieces is the same easy-peasy pattern I love doing, outlined here: First Post. Nuthin' fancy. Just fun and good times. 😁

And by "fun and good times," I do mean, obviously, fringe fest! 😁

Love that fringe'y look, always so fashionable. 😄 I like to pair fringe with ruffle, because that is never too much 70s spirited style. 😋 Here's photographic proof (below) that Cindy and I always had fantastic fashion flair. 🤩 And so did our kid brother, Frank, 😎 so stylin'. And, oh yeah, there's a bear there, too. 😆

This photo (above) was taken at the visitor's center, in Sitka, Alaska. I don't know which is more awesome: (1) our matching ponchos, (2) Frank's hip dude persona, or (3) that casual bear in the background. 😆 Also consider the awesomeness of Cindy's white bell bottoms, and my cool boots. Wow. We are just too fabulous. Speaking of awesome ponchos, here's a good one: Poncho Tequila. All right, enough distractions now, back to the Sister Shawls.


Here's a whole folder of photos: Shawl Sisters


Ruffle Love. 😍


I have this long term love affair with shawls, starting with Disheveled Shawls. Then, there are Small Shawls and more shawls. 😎 Like Moonstone and Green Pieces. The delicious Caramel Mocha, and the delightful  Princess Party 1 and 2. So many parties Costume Party and party girls G.I. Jane.


Fringe + Ruffle + Mesh Scarf + Times Two = Sweet Sisters 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruffle Monster

Candy Cane Ruffle

"Unboxing Becky"