Baggitos

 

Way too cute! So easy and fun to make, I absolutely love this little project. I learned how to make the basic pattern here: Genghis Con. I attended a fantastic Side Quest called "Crochet a Dice Bag," hosted by a super nice guy, and attended by really cool people. I can't remember anybody's names now, but I hope to see them again next year, and show them this blog post. 😍


At the Side Quest, we each got to pick a small ball of yarn. I picked simple gray, and immediately loved how smart, cool, and simple this pattern is. The dice bag used up only about half the yarn ball, so when I got home, I experimented with a variation of the pattern. The experiment ended up producing more of a basket than a bag. And I learned a thing or two there, which was cool, and I actually really like the basket option, but I knew then that I wanted to stick with the bag pattern for now.


So, I tried some more yarn, a baby blue luxurious yarn, that has a little cashmere in it, woo-hoo. I fiddled with the pattern, and made it pucker'y, and it looks super fun and cute, but again, I decided I needed to get back to the original pattern.


So, back to baggitos I went, and I had fun just sticking to the original pattern, but trying different types of yarn. Check out below. First is a sparkly little cutie, in the color scheme of "Cast Away," which includes all my faves of blue: denim, cornflower, turquoise, and sky. All wrapped up in a silver metallic thread, all too gorgeous. Love that sparkle! 😍 (Just wait until you see my next project with this color scheme! Super excited about it. Stay tuned. 🤩)


Next is a little bag of beautiful, in super fine weight yarn. This is leftover yarn from my fave lace'y pink project, Pinky'n'Pinkier. And I have so much more of this delicate yarn still, I can make dozens more baggitos just like this one. 🤩


And now, check out this next one! I love the velour look and feel of this yarn, it is called "chenille," and I've done a bunch of projects before with this kind of yarn. This little bag is made from some leftover scraps of previous projects like Unicorn Camouflage and Purple Princess Party.


Aw, look how snuggly this little cuddly blue bunny is. 😍 This yarn is 10% cashmere, and not really my thing (way too fancy, way too pricey), but I got it on sale, and I have to admit, I love it. Plus, you know, I do have a thing for blue. Blue Moon  You know I heart blue. 😎 Two Blue  Is there such a thing as too much blue? Winter Blues  Obviously, not. Blue Jean Baby 🤩


I have a crazy plan to make a hundred of these baggitos, and give them away as gifts. 😎  Except, I have too many other similar crazy plans, so this baggitos one is on deck with a bunch of other fun stuff that is maybe gonna happen some day. 😁  Plus, there are some other variations of the fun bag pattern that I've tried before, like Hippie Princess Beach Bag and Sparkly Mini Purse. I might have to fuse the concepts. 🤩


Here's the folder of a few more shots of little crochet bags and their fun poses: Baggitos. Yes, I had as much fun posing these little cuties as I did making them. 🤩


Creative + Crochet = Colorful Fun

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Ruffle

Gran'zilla

Ruffle Monster