Granny'Palooza

 

Another yummy yarn from Yarned & Dangerous! 😍 This gorgeous yarn is a cotton and viscose blend. I did not know what viscose is, but that didn't matter when I splurged on this delightful investment of color and fun. 😎 I just loved the look and feel of it, and I knew immediately that the color scheme would make a snazzy granny square. Turns out, viscose is a synthetic fiber made from cellulose, usually wood or bamboo (thanks, internet). It holds dye well, has a good shape, and blends well with cotton. So perfect! Even though it is a little pricey, I will definitely be buying more of this yummy yarn. 

I bought four little cakes of this yarn, in two different color schemes, like sunrise and sunset. I was thinking about doubling up the cakes, like I did for the purple piece in Mega Granny Squares. But then I decided that four smaller pieces will have four times the cuteness here. 😍 Plus, that let me experiment a little bit more, each time with different edging styles. I added an easy ruffle to the pair in purple, and kept it a smooth edge on the yellow duo. 


This granny square pattern is the same one I first used in making these super cute Baggy Bags. I have a dozen more ideas about what fun can be had with granny squares. 🤩 The yellow duo turned out so cute, and then adding that ruffle along the edge to the purple pair made it pop even cuter. What would happen if I added fringe? Or maybe pom-poms on each corner? How about double ruffle?! 😁


I do have a long, sweet history of love affairs with granny squares. They are just so sweet and simple. 😘 Going all the way back to when I first moved here to Colorado from Wisconsin, this is what I was first working on: Mega Granny Square. Love that lilac color, making it look so delicate. But it was definitely not delicate! That thing was bulky and big, practically a monster by the time I was finished. A labor of love. Here are a few more granny faves from the past: Granny Square Greatness. And then, of course, my ultimate granny square project, for the record books: The Beast and his little buddy, Baby Beast. Ah, yes, all good granny fun. 🤩

These grannies are not too big, so they don't really work draped over a chair. But I had to try. 😁



I love how this yarn changes color! It worked up perfect. 😍


I added an easy ruffled edge to the purple pair, and it turned out so sweet. 😍


Creative Crochet + Granny Square Sweetness = Colorful Fun


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Ruffle

Gran'zilla

Ruffle Monster