Mega Granny Squares

Look at those corners! 😎 I do love making a nice, perfect, tight corner. 😍 And granny squares are my fave'a'fave way of doing just that. 🤩  (In the photo below, I love how you can just make out The Beast  [the ultimate assortment of mega granny squares!] and Lil' Camy there under the table.😁)

These two pieces were delightfully fun and easy to make, because I was already an expert at this particular pattern. The pattern for these two mega granny squares comes from here: Modern Granny Boho Bag. (Thanks, Crochet Crowd!) That "Boho Bag" is an easy-peasy crochet-squeeze'y pattern that I love so much, I made two of them here recently: Baggy Bags. (And who knows what's up with those too cute two cute too cuties now?! I gave Baggy Bags to my love, Alexandra, because: always free to good home, Black Cat Cafe & Gallery.) The whole wonderful experience of making those two baggy bags inspired me to make another granny square, which is just the base pattern of the bag. So fun! 


For these two sweet pieces of Mega Granny Squares, I bought the yarn at my fave yarn store, Yarned & Dangerous. I absolutely love, love, love this yarn - it is pima cotton, and it is four strands of extra fine. Wow! You can see in the photo (below) how those four gorgeous strands work together to make the most delicious texture, shape, and feel to glorious pure cotton. It is pricey, yes, but worth it. I will be buying more.



I used two cakes in the color "Urchin" for the purple piece, which gave it a sturdy yet luxurious feel. And I used one cake of "Color of the Year 2021" for the pink-peach piece, which makes it feel almost as light as air. Both turned out gorgeous.





Below is another shot of how those four strands of extra fine work together to make one beautiful line of color and texture that is simply perfect for light and airy crochet.


I will never stop making granny squares. 😍😎 I have a history of loving grannies: Granny Square Greatness, Mega Granny Square, The Beast, Baby Beast



I have a plan to make more, and more, and some more, and a few more.


I had way too much fun posing these two pieces. 😎 Here's a folder of a bunch more photos that show more texture, corners, and details:  Mega Grannies



Fold it diagonally in half, it's a perfect shawl. Fold it in half along the edge and it's a perfect lap blanket. Make it a few rounds bigger, then even bigger, and it will end up being the perfect cover for whatever you want. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Ruffle

Gran'zilla

Ruffle Monster