Sunny One


This piece has the look and feel of a warm sunny day in January. 🤩 Nuthin' fancy, nuthin' new here. Just the same easy rectangle that I love making. Same simple mesh pattern (click here to see the steps). Can't say it's very special, this one single piece... aw, but look at it! Super sunny special. 🌞 I love how soft and sweet it is, the yarn is perfectly named "So Soft." Plus it has a subtle sheen that makes it look like an actual ray of sunshine. 


I love how it keeps changing color, depending on the lighting and background. My phone camera sometimes couldn't decide where to go with this yellow, I had to chuckle when I watched it adjust itself to the color each time. Sometimes buttery golden, sometimes more lemony yellow, sometimes almost orange'ish-but-not-quite. This color is so full and yet still cozy, it says complex. Ah, makes me think of fine wine. Hmm, sounds good right about now. 🤩 The yarn company calls this color "Saffron," and that is a nice label, but I just don't think it is quite right in describing how rich and gorgeous this color is. Saffron rice is such a delicate yellow, and this color simply is not delicate. It is more egg-yolk yellow. But that doesn't make for a nice label. Or does it? 😋


Who wears it better, Jean Jacket or Winter Coat? Hmm... well. This piece is a bit long, so it fits well with the longer winter coat. And it looks great against pink. But also, it fits well with the shorter jean jacket, just wrapped one more time around. And it looks great against blue. So, there you are. Both are perfect. 😎





Aw, look how cute! Sunny One is all snuggled up here with Burgun-Dee-Lish-Us. 😍 Ok, obviously I had way too much fun posing this sweet piece. I kept playing around with it way longer than I needed to, just to get a few more fun shots. Ok, just one more. And then one more. Then another. (Too Many Photos) 🤩



Details, details. 😎





Yellow + Fun + Fringe = Creative Crochet

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Ruffle

Gran'zilla

Ruffle Monster