Itty Bitty Knitty

 


Love this delightful gift from my niece, Inara! 😍 It is not crochet, but it deserves a post here, because this sweet piece is super special on so many levels. First of all, Inara is technically not my niece. 😁 But, she calls me Aunt Becky, and I do love that. For all the kids who are not my nieces and nephews (they're my dozens of cousins' kids, mostly 😎) who've been calling me Aunt Becky since I can remember, I feel that special love. Extended family is a rare blend of extra family on top of more family. 💑💖  Inara is the daughter of my brother's in-laws, so she is Frank's niece by marriage. It has been over a decade since Frank's wife passed away, and he is still close with his in-laws. Still family. That is special beyond words, and I'm richly blessed and deeply grateful to be a little part of that.


Secondly, this sweet piece is so special, because look at all that fringe! 🤩


Inara has been my little crochet buddy for several years now. She first sat with me asking questions, and watching a crochet piece under construction, when she was too young herself to actually handle the crochet hook. She is the one who first inspired my now well established love of ruffles... she asked if I could make something for her that had a "ruffle on a ruffle on a ruffle," and of course I had to see it through... that is how Ruffle Monster was born.  😁😎😘


And now little Inara is a young lady making her own creative pieces! And they are quite a bit more delicate and lovely than the monstrous ruffle'zilla I made for her back then. 😆


This slender piece of colorful sweetness pairs perfectly with my winter coat (above) and with my jean jacket (below). Fabulous! It is long enough to wrap around multiple times, and slim enough to make for an easy bow or tie. Fantastic! 🤩


I had so much fun posing this piece, and I can imagine a dozen more ways to get creative with it. It is fashionable AND functional - how fabulous is that?! 😎 Here's a folder of pics showing I had way too much fun with this sweet petite: Mini-Scarf from Inara. 😘😍


It is the perfect hat band (above) and head band (below, LOL! 😎) thanks to its easy tie-ability.


And this perfect little piece makes for a perfect little bow. 😍😘 Ah, yes...now, this gives me another idea for creative cuteness... stay tuned! 🤩

 




Creative Cuteness + Colorful Fun = Sweet Piece


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Ruffle

Gran'zilla

Ruffle Monster