Snaggle-palooza

 

This yarn snagged so much, I almost gave up after one row. I lotion'ed up twice, but still it snagged on every stitch. Frustrating, but I didn't want to give up on it. The texture of this yarn is so elastic and fun, I wanted to love it. I kept trying to love it. I bought five skeins of it on sale (it is now discontinued), in a super fun variety of color schemes. I still have these four left for future projects, but I'm not sure if I want to work with this snaggy yarn again.


This yarn is a medium weight nylon fiber called "Rebound," which I thought was going to be smooth and spring'y. Well, it is kinda smooth, and it does have a fun springiness to it. But there is something about its texture that causes continuous snagging in every direction. Still, I don't want to give up on it yet, and I might figure out some other way to work with it down the road. 😁



This snaggly piece looks so cool, just hanging out. And I had to chuckle, it kept snagging on the wood of the decorative ladder. While I was posing this piece, it would not slide along nicely. Just kept snagging the whole time, every position. Snaggle monster!😋



This snaggly piece looks so great with my jean jacket, I want to make more just like it, using those other color schemes. But I just don't know if I can stand the snagginess. At one point, I put on gloves, to see if that would stop the snags. It did help a little bit, at least, to decrease some of the worst snagging. But there was still a lot of frequent minor-tugging going on. Plus, it is just oddly uncomforable to crochet with gloves on. 


I wanted to whip out all five in a row, and have a groovy set of colorful, stretchy scarves. But that plan is on hold for now, while I figure out what to do about the snag factor.😛 I might have to invest in super cool, snuggly fitting gloves.


Maybe I can pair up those remaining snaggy yarn color schemes with a double or even triple strand of other textures? That might cover the snag enough to make it more workable. 


I'm keeping an open mind. I always love to think about future projects.😎 And I'd love to be able to enjoy working with these colors in the future. I don't want to be all snaggy'frustrated, though, so I'll keep brainstorming solutions for how to make it happen.


Just another pose or two, no matter how snaggy, still fun!😎 And love those crazy colors.





I had fun creating this little video, just to show off how cute these crazy colors are.😍




Multi-colors + Stretchy Fun = Creative Crochet

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Cane Ruffle

Gran'zilla

Ruffle Monster